Legal Consultant. Independent Contractor. Interim Counsel. Pro bono Legal Advisor.
Since August 2020, Christine Nikander has been working as an independent legal contractor and interim legal counsel. She also regularly provides pro bono legal advice to social enterprises and young start-ups.
Christine studied law in the Netherlands, the UK and Finland. She is a graduate of Leiden University and Edinburgh University Law School. After graduating, she worked at a large law firm in Amsterdam for three years.
Her legal specializations lay in environmental law, human rights, public international law, EU regulatory law, international arbitration, intellectual property, commercial litigation and corporate social responsibility. Christine also has a fair amount of experience with the drafting and negotiation of contracts that license out and protect IP rights.
Christine Nikander brings a wide variety of unique soft and hard skills to the table. She is also a very quick learner.
Apart from just studying and working in law, Christine also:
- studied natural and environmental sciences at University
- took courses in journalism and has experience in communications
- has lived in 5 countries and has experience leading diverse intercultural teams
- can work in English, German and Finnish (with a full passive understanding of Dutch)
- holds degrees in international law and environmental law
- has experience working as an associate at a large law firm, as a legal counsel, and as a freelance jurist
- has worked extensively with young social enterprises and start-ups
- has founded a company of her own and knows what it means to be a young entrepreneur
- studied sculpture for a year and currently also works as a freelance illustrator
- is a strong team player and an empathetic manager